Recents in Beach

A Train journey Paragraph | paragraph on train journey in English

A Train journey Paragraph | paragraph on train journey in English  

                        A train journey


Table of content:-

1. Occasion. 2. Preparation for the journey

3 - 9  Description of the journey      

   


                             Occasion                               

1. It was summer vacation . My brother invited  me to Calcutta.I was filled with joy . I would be going out of Patna after a long time. I would see the great city of Calcutta,



                   Preparation of the Journey       

2. It was early morning. I booked a ticket and got into a second class compartment of the Toufan Express .l took my seat by the window side.



               Description of the journey             

3. The train started. Soon it picked up speed and began to run very fast . It sped through smaller stations. On either side were green fields. From time to time a hillock or a rivulet could be seen.



 4. There were not many passengers in my compartment. Some of them were reading the morning edition of Newspapers. Some were engaged in talks. Some, like me, were enjoying the sights outside The train touched Mokameh Junction. I took breakfast. I ordered the canteen Bearer  to supply  me with meal at Jhajha.



5. The train steamed off again. A Ticket Checker came and checked the tickets. There was one man without ticket. He paid the charges and the Ticket Checker made out a ticket for him. At Mokameh Ghat I saw the Ganges gently flowing by. The Ganga Bridge at Haridwar  looked majestic under the morning sun.


6. From time to time hawkers (d) would get in to sell articles.Sometimes a beggar would get in. He would start singing and ask for alms. Occasionally a train from the opposite direction would suddenly shoot past us. Everyone would get startled. 


7. At Jhajha the meal was brought to me. I was hungry. So, I enjoyed the meal. The charge was reasonable.


8. The train sped fast. I fell into a doze .Suddenly the name of Durgapur entered my ears. I started up and looked out. There stood the giant Durgapur Steel Plant. The train rolled on. The Grand Trunk Road could be seen crawling like a snake. We reached Burdwan. The train was now drawn by an electric engine. It now picked up a very high. 


9. It was now dusk . he tired train slowed  down its speed and came to a dead halt at Howrah Station. I got off and came outside the platform. There, on the other side of the river Hooghly, lay the mighty city.


Essay on indian farmer :- Click here




Post a Comment

0 Comments